|Initial Consult & Treatment
What is it?
We have a number of therapists who specialise in treating conditions which affect women. Our therapists are caring, sensitive, highly skilled and passionate about helping you regain confidence and get back to enjoying your life. Our women’s health assessments include specific questions to better understand the best course of treatment and may also involve an internal vaginal examination to check for prolapse, weakness, spasm or change to your pelvic floor muscles which simply cannot be assessed externally. We work closely with GPs, consultants and gynaecologists to achieve the best outcome for you.
What can it help?
- Urinary incontinence or poor bladder control
- Bowel incontinence and constipation
- Over-active bladder and urge incontinence
- Pregnancy and post-natal musculoskeletal conditions
- Abdominal separation
- Pelvic prolapse
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
What treatment can it include?
- Manual therapy
- Internal vaginal examination
- Biomechanical assessments
- Taping to protect joints and injured tissues
- Acupuncture and dry needling
- Specific exercise programme for rehabilitation and the prevention of injury and chronic pain
- Assessment and treatment of postural, pelvic and spinal alignment
- Re-training to prevent recurring injuries
- Biofeedback training